Love Decatur, Illinois
A site dedicated to community issues in Decatur, IL & Macon County. I'm Reed Sutman, and have been engaged in community efforts & local political issues since 2018. I work on this site & articles 1-2 day a week for free, as a service to our community. You can find me on Facebook.com/LoveDecatur
Vacation Notice! (November 20th, 2021 - January 1, 2022)
I'll be away until the new year. I intend to resume COVID updates after I return. Maybe not on Jan 1, but sometime that month. I don't know what else I'll get up to once I return.
While I'm away
For COVID, see these resources:
- Macon County Illinois Health Data Facebook Group
- Macon County Health Department Facebook Page
- Official Illinois COVID website
- Official CDC COVID website
- My (old) directory of COVID resources
- This page (though I'm not doing data updates)
For Macon County Gerry Mandering:
- Macon County Democrats Facebook Page
- Central IL DSA Facebook Page
- My story about the redistricting
- How to file a discrimination complaint about the redistricting
For anything else, good luck finding what you need.
Voting districts are redrawn every 10 years. The Macon County Republicans propopsed a map that removes 6 of our 21 county board seats, yielding a 28% decrease in board size, while we've seen only a 6% population decrease over the last 10 years. Read Story
I compile COVID data from several different sources, including Illinois Dept of Public Health, CDC, and our local health department. See Data. Updated Weekly.
FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) allows the public to request emails, documents, and information from Government offices including City Council, Police Departments, Health Departments, and so much more. See requests I've shared publicly.