Mask Ordinance Complaints Request
I sent a FOIA request to inquire about mask ordinance complaints and associated enforcement
- There are only 13 complaints listed in the FOIA request
- I made a complaint about Lisa Gregory not wearing a mask on August 30th. It was not in the original report, but I've been promised an amended report with that corrected.
- Each complaint's notes merely list that the "Community Liaison Officer contacted business"
I would like:
- To know when the local mask mandate ordinance went back into effect (the one that has fines for not wearing a mask or for businesses not enforcing masking indoors)
- A list of all complaints filed since the mask ordinance went back into effect (or since July 1st 2021 if you need a date from me)
- A list of all enforcements efforts of the mask mandate ordinance & their outcomes during the same time frame as #2
Thanks! -- Reed
- Sept 27, 2021: I sent my email to the city clerk
- October 4th, I received a reply with the attachments below
- The reply was merely courteous & did not contain information
- This request is "FOIA Request 2021-02405"
- October 4th, I sent a reply, asking why my complaint about Lisa Gregory not masking at a council meeting is not lissted.
- October 4th, Kim Althoff quickly replied saying leavin the Gregory complaint off was "left off the report unintentionally" & that she would send me an amended report soon.
- I will likely upload the amended report on Friday, Oct 8, 2021
- October 5th, Kim Althoff sent me an updated report with my Lisa Gregory complaint as well as a couple other additional complaints for late september.
- October 5th, Jim Spaniol (resident) told me on Facebook: "On Sept 20 at 11:44 AM, I called the City Manager's office about Kroger on 1st Drive (South Shores)." - This report is NOT in the FOIA response sent by Kim Althoff
- October 12th, I emailed Kim Althoff to inform her Jim's Sept 20th complaint.
- City Code Chapter 73 Section 38 Protective Face Coverings Required.pdf
- Mask Ordinance Complaints Corrected.pdf
- Mask Ordinance Complaints.pdf
My October 4th Reply
Thank you Kim.
I noticed the complaint I made regarding Lisa Gregory, The City, and the Civic Center is not listed in the complaints pdf file. Do you know why that is? Is there a policy or procedure that omits certain complaints from being recorded?