Variant COVID Cases | Macon County Department of Health
This data counts the covid variants found in Macon County
This data comes from Macon County Health Department. I look at their daily case-number infographics on facebook & write the numbers into a spreadsheet.
Notes about this data set
- Variant reports are shared in MCHD's Facebook COVID updates (in the text of the post). Only a few of the covid updates include variant updates.
- Not all positive cases are sequenced for variants. It seems a very small portion are sequenced, actually.
General MCHD Data Reporting Notes
- I have not collected case numbers throughout the pandemic, so I only have limited data available.
- During periods of the pandemic, MCHD stopped posting upates
- MCHD also used to post the infographics to their website. They stopped in August 2021.
- MCHD does NOT make data available in spreadsheet format.
- I have made FOIA requests for COVID data in a raw format, and my request was denied. They claimed it was unduly burdensome. I've heard from one other person who had a similar experience.
|Fri, Nov 5||484||src||143||87||237||7||4||3|
|Fri, Oct 29||464||src||143||87||218||7||4||3|
|Fri, Oct 22||453||src||143||87||209||7||4||3|
|Fri, Oct 8||417||src||143||87||173||7||4||3|
|Fri, Oct 1||409||src||143||87||165||7||4||3|
|Fri, Sep 24||377||src||143||87||133||7||4||3|
|Fri, Sep 17||353||src||143||87||109||7||4||3|
|Fri, Sep 10||324||src||143||87||81||7||4||2|
|Fri, Sep 3||312||src||143||87||71||7||4||0|
|Fri, Aug 27||289||src||143||87||48||7||4||0|
|Fri, Aug 20||263||src||143||87||22||7||4||0|
|Fri, Aug 13||260||src||143||87||19||7||4||0|
|Fri, Aug 6||258||src||143||87||17||7||4||0|
|Fri, Jul 30||251||src||143||87||10||7||4||0|
|Tue, Jul 27||246||src||143||87||5||7||4||0|
|Fri, Jul 9||237||src||141||84||1||7||4||0|