City Council Meeting - Jan 06, 2020
Ordinances up for amendment
These are increases in permit fees for many projects, including small residential construction & large residential construction. The code is also being re-written in an easier-to-understand format.
Chatper 67, Building Code - All fees are now lissted in this code, instead of being spread out amongst the other codes.
- Minimum residential fee is $50 now. Was $35, sometimes lower
- Minimum commercial fee is $150 now.
- Fences, from $10 up to $50
- In ground pools - from $70 up to $200
- aboveground pools - from $50 to $125 (still $50 with no electrical or plumbing)
- Plan Review Fees o- Residential: Add 10% of permit fee, from minimum $75 - $200 maximum o- Commercial: Add 10% of permit fee, from minimum $200 - $1250 maximum
Chapter 67.2, Residential Building Code
Chapter 68, Mechanical Code
Chapter 69, Electrical Code
Chatper 70.1, Plumbing Code
Agreement with Visitor's Bureau (DACVB)
- DACVB (Decatur Area Convention & Visitor's Bureau) will be responsible for upgrades to the transfer house & marketing of it.
- The annual cost of this agreement is $250,000 which is funded through the Hotel/Motel tax generated.
- Intent is to make the transfer house available for events in central park and make central park & downtown more desirable.
Grant with Crossing Health Care for 2020 Census
- Provides an additional $25,000 toward census activites, in addition to $15,000 already provided by the city
- Agreement with Dewberry Architects for a design for new fire station #3 - $325,155 Agenda Item
- Agreement to create plans for improvements on Rt. 51 between Eldorado & Pershing - $25,500 Agenda Item
- For prior citations in relation to parking & traffic, additional fines & penalties will be waived through April 30, 2020, allowing the original cost of the citation to be paid. Agenda Item
- Two more annexations Territory 3223 Desert Inn Road & Territory 1777 Plainview Street
News about the meeting
- H&R - Decatur City Council moves forward with U.S. 51 fixes, building fee increase
- WANDTV - Decatur City Council votes to have DACVB oversee Transfer House
- H&R - Decatur City Council to consider increasing building fees, seeking U.S. 51 improvement plan
N/A - section not filled out